Each member upon signing an application for membership of the ABS Inc. is bound by the Code of Ethics of the ABS Inc.
1. I Shall no denigrate the ABS, its breeders or members
2. I shall ensure that all dogs in my care are properly housed, fed, watered and exercised and receive proper veterinary care if required.
3. I shall breed for the improvement of the breed and not knowingly breed from any dog with a flaw that is life limiting or expected to cause chronic disability or disease throughout the dog’s lifespan.
4. I shall not breed from any bitch under the age of 12 months.
5. I shall not breed from any bitch more than twice in 18 months.
6. I shall not breed more than four litters from any bitch without veterinary certification of fitness for further breeding.
7. I shall not dock the tails of any pup/dog unless recommended and carried out by a veterinarian for a diagnosed physical ailment.
8. I shall not permit any AB in my care to be mated with a dog of any other breed.
9. I shall not release any pups from my care under the age of 8 weeks.
10. I shall not export any pups under the age of 12 weeks.
11. I shall register pups bred by me with the ABS Inc. and provide Registration certificates to buyers.
12. I shall vaccinate all pups bred by me between 6 and 8 weeks of age and provide current vaccination certificates with all pups/dogs when placed into new homes.
13. I shall worm all pups/dogs in my care at appropriate times and provide information of medication used and next due date when placed into new homes by me.
14. I shall provide dietary information for all pups/dogs in my care when being placed into new homes by me.
15. I shall not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed or provide false information to members of the public for the ABS Inc.
16. I shall not sell any pups bred by me via pet shops.
17. I shall have all pups bred by me microchipped by a veterinary surgeon.
18. I shall have all male dogs born after 31/10/07 owned by me who are to be used for breeding purposes hip/elbow scored and send reports of those results to the ABS Registrar for data collection.
19. I shall have all female dogs born after 31/10/07 owned by me that have produced less than 2 litters of pups who are to be used for breeding purposes hip/elbow scored and send reports of those results to the ABS Registrar for data collection.